Semester 2 registration has reached capacity and has closed.
Semester 2 user information was emailed - Feb 3 (pm) Classes are live Feb. 6.
Attention Grade 12 Students:
If you intend on graduating with InformNet this year, please ensure you have sent in a full marks transcript of all your previous credits to the InformNet office (email@example.com).
InformNet is an accredited online high school.
InformNet courses provide students with daily instruction, assignments and evaluation through regular email and web-based interaction from a certified high school teacher. The student’s day school provides the course credit when subject requirements are met.
Students have a choice between two learning options:
1. Blended Learning Option: This student-directed option is our most popular option and offers students the most control in their learning. Students work through Brightspace learning modules, submit the module assignments, and finally complete the specified online tests.
- All work is marked within 24 hours by the course teacher. If students need concept clarification, they contact the course teacher through Classlist emails.
- Full time InformNet teachers offer virtual classroom (synchronous learning) options in Brightspace to focus students before assessments, for remedial instruction, to supplement content, direct problem solving, individual meetings, parent-teacher conferences and finally to build community. These virtual meetings are recorded and sometimes embedded back into the course when applicable.
- The blended model offers students more options as they still attend their day school and take InformNet classes on top of their regular course schedule. It allows student to catch up on missed credits and work ahead.
- Courses are semestered.
- Students will receive daily teacher lead - whole class instruction at a specified time.
- Supplementary and support content is given through Brightspace learning modules.
- Course assignments and tests will be given with specific due dates required.
- Grade 9 and 10 level - required courses for graduation only.
- Students need to ensure they use their computer microphone and camera while in synchronous classes.
Students are expected to follow InformNet’s Academic Honesty Policy
“Students must understand that the tests/exams they complete and the assignments they submit as evidence of learning must be their own work and that cheating and plagiarism will not be tolerated." (Provincial Assessment Policy Kindergarten to Grade 12: Academic Responsibility, Honesty and Promotion/Retention) Read more
Attendance Policy (Blended Option)
- Parents and students receive email notification when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 10 days
- A removal warning notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any work for 20 days.
- Course removal notification is sent out to parents, students and the home-school when a student has not logged in or completed any meaningful work for 30 consecutive days.
Attendance Policy (Synchronous Option)
- Parent/guardian to email their child's InformNet teacher if the student will be or is away.
- Three (3) unexcused absences in a row - InformNet Administrator will contact the parent/student.
- Four (4) unexcused absences in a row - InformNet Administrator will contact the parent/student.
- Discussion about switching out of the synchronous option to the blended class.
- Eight (8) unexcused absences - student may be moved to the blended model.
- Ten (10) unexcused absences - student will be moved to the blended model or removed from the course.
InformNet Virtual Tour
- Course listing for 2022-23
- School Year Fee: $350 per course
- Course Handbook
- Contact your Manitoba high school guidance or administration team to register for an InformNet class.
- Students who register for courses directly are charged the course fee. The InformNet administration team reviews all registrations.