InformNet Summer Session is Manitoba's only online summer school program.
- Students may register online at www.informnet.mb.ca and click the registration link at the top of the page.
- Course fees are being calculated.
- All online courses have a teacher who is available to the students each day (Mon. to Fri.).
- Students need access to a computer and the Internet.
- Course materials are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from July 2 to July 29. (All related course work must be completed on or before July 28.)
- Summer Session registration closes on July 4, 2024, or when capacity is reached.
- All InformNet summer session courses close at 11:59 p.m. on July 29, 2024
- A few days before classes start, InformNet emails student log on information (username and password) along with support documentation.
THE BENEFITS OF SUMMER SESSION
- Summer school may not be available in your local area.
- Summer employment may not be possible with structured summer school hours.
SUMMER SESSION RUNS FROM JULY 2 - JULY 29.
- English Language Arts 10F (0001)
- Math 10F (0080)
- Science 10F (0120)
- Canada in the Contemporary World 10F (0101)
- Physical Education 10F (0169)
- English Language Arts 20F (0001)
- Science 20F (0120)
- Geographic Issues of the 21st Century 20F (1180)
- Math Intro to Applied & Pre-Calculus 20S (3905)
- Math Essential 20S (3000)
- Physical Education 20F (0169)
- Mathématiques au quotidien 20SX (3000)
- Géographie 20FX (1180)
- Math Applied 30S (3903)
- Math Pre-Calculus 30S (3939)
- Math Essential 30S (3000)
- English Comprehensive Focus 30S (0092)
- English Transactional Focus 30S (0094)
- English Literary Focus 30S (0093)
- Biology 30S (0124)
- Chemistry 30S (0122)
- Physics 30S (0123)
- Physical Education 30F (0169)
- History of Canada 30F (0105)
- Histoire 30FX (0105)
- Math Applied 40S (3903)
- Math Pre-Calculus 40S (3939)
- Math Essential 40S (3000)
- English Comprehensive Focus 40S (0092)
- English Transactional Focus 40S (0094)
- English Literary Focus 40S (0093)
- Biology 40S (0124)
- Chemistry 40S (0122)
- Physics 40S (0123)
- Physical Education 40F (0169)
- Mathématiques - pré-calcul 40SX (3939)
In order to be successful, students need to log in consistently - logging in one to three hours a day, five times a week. This schedule will give the best chance for a successful course completion. The majority of the repeater-based summer courses consist of four modules. The workload normally consists of one or two assignments per module, discussion and/or journal postings and a module test. InformNet summer courses are completed 100% online.
All online courses are facilitated by a certified teacher, who has teaching experience and expertise in the subject area. Students may access the course, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Brightspace learning management system contains an internal message and announcement system. The instructor will answer any questions you have within 24 hours (not including weekends) and mark any assignments and tests within a timely manner. Please note that you must only use the internal email system to contact the course teacher.
Final marks are sent to the student's day school. Please check with the day school and contact the InformNet office if your mark has not been received.
Students register by clicking the registration button at the top of the page. Students will need to know their Manitoba Education and Training student Number (MET#). This is a 9 digit number that is given to each student attending school in Manitoba. It is found on the transcript or report card. It is sometimes called a provincial student number. Example: 103 ### 098.